AMBERD

Judging by historical sources, the construction of Amberd was started by the Kamsarakan Princes, in the VII c. In the X c. the stronghold belonged to the Pahlavuni Princes and was one of the important military-defensive strong points. Thanks to its natural position and defensive structures, it had a reputation of an impregnable stronghold.
At present only the ruins of the town‒stronghold (X‒XIII cc.) and the walls have survived, as well as the remnants of the bath-house (X‒XI cc.) and various constructions, also the Cathoghike Church (Vahramashen) (1026).
Gallery
Hotel location
Information
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.